Thursday, May 09, 2013

JOURNEY WITH JESUS: A SPIRITUAL JOURNAL

After reading The Purpose Driven Life, A Woman After God's Own Heart, and Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be, there's a conclusion I can draw. I need to write everything down. They suggest the readers to make a journal in order to keep the track of our spiritual growth. That's so true that I can't agree more. Everything becomes so clear when it is written down (that's why I love writing!) and of course it helps our devotional time a lot!

We can write about our daily struggle, deepest thought, what we experience with God, what and how He is teaching us, our prayer, Bible verse, poems, etc! Everything about Him!


So, I think I need one to start and I have to make it really special so that I won't just throw this journal to a corner when I feel bored. I want to decorate it wholeheartedly so that I will be always encouraged to write. 

I have prepared some stuffs to begin:


1. A journal (this is my Christmas gift from Mbak Cilla my workmate)
2. Art kit (scissors, glue, accessories for decoration)
3. Ribbons and laces (for decoration, too. Total cost under Rp. 10.000,-) 
4. Alphabet letters (cute one! Just google and print it)
5. Optional: A companion, my dog. Haha.

It takes approximately 3 hours and I'm truly satisfied with the outcome!


For finishing touch, wrap it with plastic to protect it best. 
I like the title: Journey with Jesus, because everyday will be the amazing journey between me and my Lord. 
For the main page, we can put anything but I choose to put my favorite Bible verses. Well, there are so many awesome verses that it's difficult to pick, I know! Me too, feeling want to just put them all but I can't of course, no enough place. So here are the 3 favorite verses I finally pick from KJV:

John 14:15 
"If ye love Me, keep My commandments."

Matthew 6: 33 
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Proverbs 3:5-6 
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."

Happy Journaling!

No comments:

Post a Comment