Sunday, March 22, 2015

SO THAT I FEEL SAFE

It’s so nice these days, cool and fresh air, birds chirping in the morning, light raindrops in the afternoon, and no assignment for the whole week. Yay! So it’s a good day to blog. I have been thinking about this for a few days, and just recently feeling so blessed when reading this article about waiting.

So yeah, talking about waiting, for singles the most popular waiting topic must be about the significant other. I read a lot about this, and write a lot, too, to reassure, remind, and encourage myself in this waiting time, and also for other girls who are on the same boat with me. It is hard, I know. 

Sometimes when we are busy at church, awesome community, a lot of friends, lovely family, or even busy with assignment, it feels so easy to wait. But then there will be time when this waiting time is so torturing, and we wish our prayers would be granted right now, or at least, tomorrow.

It is even harder when you are now the only single person in your circle of friends, like me. Haha. People will think nobody wants you, or you are unattractive at all, or something wrong with you, or maybe you are so pretty that you are out of their league (lol), or you are just being too picky, Some people would ask, "Why?" when they wanted to know if I have a boyfriend and I said no. Why do you ask me why? I don't know why, hello, I also want to have one! Hahaha. 

And I don't understand why being picky is a bad thing. Of course we have to be picky. We are about to spend most of our time with this person, and it will affect our life hugely. Then if we continue this relationship and get married, it means we are going to spend the rest of our life with him. Sooooo, it is important to be picky!

I know it’s not about finding the right person, but instead, becoming the right person. I know it's not about waiting for the perfect man, but it's just about waiting for that 'something' that make us sure "it is him!". Sometimes 'something' does happen, but we just know that it's impossible to be together. Isn't love simple? But why I make it sound so complicated? I am longing for that simplicity, too. When we just meet, and know each other, be friend, spend time together, love sparks, fall for each other, confessing, and voila! You are mine and I am yours! Isn't it that simple??? Haha.

I don't know. Seriously.
Maybe, I am just waiting for someone who can make me feel safe.

Safe that he is protective toward me, 
Safe that I can trust his words, rely on his promises, and believe in his actions,
Safe that he won’t run when I don't put my make up on,
Safe that I am the only one in his heart,
Safe that he will keep my purity and honour me dearly,
Safe that he will love me unconditionally and accept all my flaws,
Safe that he will accept my family, and all the absurdity,
Safe that he can lead me closer to Christ day by day,
Safe that no matter how angry he is at me, or how stupid the mistake I have done, he will forgive me,
Safe that when I cry he will hug me instead of being annoyed,
Safe that he is willing to work on our relationship, to fix problem together,
Safe that he will cherish me at my best and stay with me at my worst.

Am I looking for a perfect man?
No, I am just waiting for him who can make me feel safe.

Maybe I should date a security guy.

So what about you? What are you waiting for, all the weary hearts out there? Haha. Waiting is so hard, so let's keep each other in prayer. Sometimes we stumble, but please don't settle. Holding on to Him who has first loved us and the only One who can truly make us feel safe. The wait can be as short as in the blink of eyes, or as long as my leg, but it is our attitude while waiting that matters.  

If we wait long, at least make the wait worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment